Re: [CH] Tonight's Dinner - Mimi's Sticky Chicken - x/p DePepperMan

4wintermute@gmx.net
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:18:27 +0100

On 11 Mar 2001, at 18:33, RisaG wrote:

> This was tonight's dinner. Boy is this the easiest and most wonderful
> chicken in the world. All bbqers know about slow cooking and this is
> definitely a slow cooking bird. The recipe has to be begun the day before (if
> you really have a chance to) but it can be done the same day (I did today.
> Bird didn't defrost completely until an hour before it had to go in the oven
> so I marinated it in the dry rub for 1 hour and then put the temp up a bit -
> 275F - and it took 4 hours instead of 5).

I'm going to check that out. In the meantime, do you all know this trick of
applying stuff under the bird's skin? Works wonderfully with chile powder. I
did it with Calvin's orange and green powders, and it was both great.

wolf

check out my music @ www.mp3.com/MadGap