Re: [CH] ETH on FoodTV.com

mstevens@exit109.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 18:52:49 GMT

At 01:17 PM 3/19/01 EST, Solsearch@aol.com wrote:

>We would love to do a sequel to Eat the Heat, going into other hot cuisines
>and the great people and stories we know are out there.  What do you think?
>If Food Network sees that Eat the Heat got good ratings (we don't know yet)
>they might be interested.

Seemed that unlike some other specials like the trip to spain, the ETH special
did not get much advance advertizing except in the few hours before it aired.

I think it would have been interesting if some of the connections between
segments of the special had been noted, like how many folks in one segment such
as the hotluck had met folks like Jim Campbell and Mark Miller in other
segments.  Also, the fact that the dried Red Savina Powder used to make the
Evil Cookies and then sprinkled on the Ice Cream was grown, processed and
provided by Jim Campbell.  We can be a tight knit group!

Was it just me, or were an inordinate number of chileheads featured on the show
currently or previously in the fire fighting/prevention business?

A sequel might want to include a trip to the Bowers Chile Festival in Eastern
Pa. (From which both Doug's trophies and hat were derived...) with a highlight
on the Meadowview Farm.  This is a Mennonite farm just outside Bowers that
specializes in herloom chile peppers and tomatoes.  The Bowers festival began
at Meadowview and has been doubling in size the last few years.  Highlight the
jalapeno eating contest as well as the annual gathering of chileheads drinking
Lemon Drops at the wet bar in Jeff and Tammy Porters car trunk...

:-)

http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens/bowers99/

=Mark