Re: [CH] my first website, revisited

AutumnRhea@aol.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:14:56 EST

In a message dated 3/20/2001 4:24:18 AM Central Standard Time,
e.steenbrink@worldonline.nl writes:

<<  I understand that there are over 3000 varieties of peppers.  I suggest we
 > start a "Let Dewi grow-em" CH group and collect all 3000 + seeds to give
 > her.  Are you up to it Dewi?
 > Frank

 I AM GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

     Miss Dewi, so you think....LOL..... Year before last I grew 30 different
varieties of hot peppers(all from seed) I had over 200 plants in the ground,
and at least 50 in containers.......trust me when I say, I had more work than
I bargained for! My small greenhouse was wall to wall pepper seedlings, first
from flats, under lights, then to 4 inch pots, all dated and
tagged.........then there was the job of putting some in the ground and some
in containers when they were ready.......phewwwwwww!! Unless you have alot of
help, you have alot of work! Then there was the challenge of keeping all
those plants pest free, fertilized(which I do very little of), and
watered...let alone when they start putting out peppers, the pepper picking
you do, and alas pickling, freezing, drying, making pepper sauces and
jam.......I love my peppers, growing, eating, and enjoying...........but I
only grow several varieties in moderation now.....I worked my hiney off(don't
I wish!) all spring and summer long, and I won't walk that road again, no
matter how many great seeds I get!! I have about 80 different varieties of
hot pepper seeds, and I'm going to chose about 15 to grow this
year.........trust me I learned my lesson!

    Debra~ zone 8b Southeast Texas

    "Women are like tea bags. They don't know how strong
       they are until they get into hot water."
     --Eleanor Roosevelt

    http://www.egroups.com/group/TradingGardenSecrets
    http://www.egroups.com/group/DePepperMan