[CH] Chile festivals (or lack thereof)

Snyder, Curt (CSnyder@ligand.com)
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 06:49:52 -0800

So make your own festival and host a hotluck! I live in San Diego and have
had more fun at hotlucks than I ever did at a chile festival, including the
Fiery Foods Show in Albuquerque! Even then, a group of us have gotten
together and gone out to eat or over to a chile-heads house for dinner and
that was REALLY the high point!

>Veronica <vfreeman@gte.net> wrote:
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Newbie member, here.  I have lived in the Bay Area for more than ten
>> years, and as much as I appreciate the Garlic Fest., and all the Wine
>> Fests, and Art Fests, I can't find a local chile Fest!  And, I used to
>> have a nice hot sauce store at a mall in San Jose, abut that
>> disappeared.  What's a chile head to do?  (No rude suggestions, please!)
>>
>I agree with Veronica, there is very little Chile-head activity around
here. WHY!?! As a local Bay area Chile-head/ Sauce
>maker I love to see a festival closer to home. The nearest one to me is in
San Diego. Any other Sauce makers, Dave are you