[CH] Re: Hotluck & Open Fields

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 18:32:15

>From: raelsixty4@earthlink.net

>well, personally, if I get to that Great Big Chile Field over there
>somewhere to the east of me (and I'm really gonna try this
>fall...really), I was hoping to run through the fields one clear cool
>morn, me, my jungle boots (and socks), and well, that's about
>it...maybe a stick in hand to beat off any snakes or rats or other
>creature thinking "hey, bait!"...and if i contract Hunan "anything",
>well, all the better...a glorious day it will be <g>...

It would be great if you could make it, you'd like it.  Approach it as a
campout.  You never know what the weather will be like; last year, it was
the first blustery switch to autumn weather, from summer weather.  It was
still warm enough to go barefoot, but if by chance the event had been maybe
three days earlier the weather would have been glorious, a real tribute to
the end of summer in a fantastic garden.

*sigh* it's the kind of place to keep in memory, like yes, I was there at
the source.

I never saw many nasty critters, and normally I'd suggest a stick to break
spider webs, except there's so much foot traffic among the plants that webs
don't last long.  As for the cool morning walk, yes you probably could get
away with it.  Or, since some of the habs are chest-high, you can just sit
in a lotus position and ponder pods on the sunny vine.  But ooh, bring a
clean pad to sit on.

Capsicum ad Infinitum,

- A