[CH] Re: Personal Stash / Peanut Butter (off topic)

Andy (quark@erols.com)
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:10:22 -0500

Sandy,

Depending on where you are, finding a good, convenient, and natural peanut butter is hard. But worth it healthwise for many people.

I'm in MD:
  Giant "fresh made":  Excellent flavor, no stirring required
  Smuckers Natural:    Good flavor --  some stirring required.
  Crazy Richards:      Good flavor -- needs vigorous stirring (finely ground).

The latter two come in chunky styles.
None of these are "dry", unless you pour the oil off of the later two.
Note that natural peanut oil is mono-saturated (like olive oil) and healthy.
Many chefs use peanut oil for certain cooking.

Andy