Fw: [CH] OT cooking oils

Frank Francisco (francisco_@prodigy.net)
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 21:34:53 -0400

I don't comsume huge quantities of peanut oil, but when I do use it, I pour
it off the top of an organic peanut butter jar.
Frank

----- Original Message -----
From: <Shantihhh@aol.com>
To: <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 8:47 PM
Subject: [CH] OT cooking oils

<< Hey Tom....man after my own heart! Because I do so much Asian cooking, I
use a
lot of pure peanut oil, usually the stuff directly from China, as we have a
lot of Chinese here in British Columbia, and the only other oil I use is
extra
virgin olive oil >>
Doug,

I like you cook much Asian Cusinines.  I have recently fallen in love with a
high smoking-point oil that doesn't color the foods' taste----grapeseed oil!
It used by many chefs and I now know why!  I have tried French, Italian, and
California Grape seed oil.  I'd go for the one that hits the wallet the
least
as they all were excellent.

Mary-Anne