Re: [CH] Oz & NZ +Peppers

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 20:35:30 -0500

Luke Speer wrote:

> 28/04/01 3:34:59 PM, "Suz" <socalsuz@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> Salads were served after the
> >main course, I like my salad first.  Just a personal preference
> .===============
> That the American preference, We generally get our Salad served with the Main, The Waiter probably
> made a mistake and thought that he was serving you in the American way..

  Salads served at a time other than before the meal?!?!?!?!?  I knew the toilets flushed backward down there,
but this is WAY TOO weird.  ;-)

> Domestic Beer (I actually saw people drinking Budweiser) !
> I drank Negro Modello, Belgian Strawberry Gueze beer(unpaturised which we can't get here in Oz) again
> Foot and Mouth, Shiner in Texas..

  Well, there are a few beers made here in the States are almost worth drinking.  But it would take far too long
to sample all the necessary varieties to find them.  Oh yeah, I guess there's that pesky personal preference
thing as well.  Personally, I would no more drink a domestic beer (ESPECIALLY the major brands, and lights [as
in color]) than I would eat pizza without hot sauce / crushed red peppers.

> Wines - Too sweet !

  Now that's kind of a blanket statement.  Why, just one little town over there is a winery that produces some
wonderful, and "award winning" wines.  They have some that we love, some that might be considered on the "too
sweet" side, but several that make me pucker and almost cough / gag.  Those are not sweet by any measure.  I
know there are at least two wineries in WI, and possibly others; so to say "American" wines are too sweet is not
really possible.  I am hoping to further my EXTREMELY limited knowledge of wines at some point in the future,
but I know enough to know that there are too many different domestic varieties in most of the local shops to
even count.  I would guess there are many there that would appeal to just about everyone...

> FWIW :The Woolgoolga Pistol Club and Gourmet Society last night,

  Now I certainly hope no one would take issue with the quality of most of our gun shops.  Many of them are
somewhat small and not well stocked, but there are many other fine ones to make up for them.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099