Re: [CH] (Way Off-Topic!) New Line of Wines

Dana H. Myers (dana@dioxine.com)
Wed, 02 May 2001 09:13:59 -0700

All joking aside, Gallo is producing a lot of decent wine at low cost.
Sure, most of the fruit comes from hot interior valleys but Gallo has
enormous holdings in the Sonoma area, and it's pretty clear that
they blend higher-quality fruit into the bulk juice to add a little
character.

As a Mondavi shareholder, perhaps I would have been happier to
see Wal-Mart partner with Woodbridge for this store-brand, but it's
possible that Wal-Mart is pushing the envelope a little here and may
drop the product after a while.  Is the mainstream Wal-Mart customer
base ready for wine in a *bottle* with a *cork* ?  ;-)  Actually, I
hope they succeed.

Dana  K6JQ
dana@dioxine.com