RE: [CH] Tabasco vs. Louisiana hot sauces

ADAMSON BOYD (Boyd.Adamson@sbs.be)
Tue, 8 May 2001 15:28:45 +0200

I once went to a pub in the UK , and being as I was cold and wet from fishing decided to order a Chile con carne ..
I think the chef was annoyed because I ordered just before 2pm (A lot of places in the UK stop serving food at 2) and I think  he was a touch surprised when I asked for the bottle of Tabasco from the bar and proceeded to Finnish most of it ..
The downside was it gave the food a bit too much of a vinegary taste for my liking ..

-----Original Message-----
From: mstevens@exit109.com [mailto:mstevens@exit109.com]
Sent: 08 May 2001 14:46
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: RE: [CH] Tabasco vs. Louisiana hot sauces

At 05:47 PM 5/7/01 -0500, Jeff Schickowski wrote:
>Some long article said:
><"With a condiment that requires only a dash or a dab to give food an extra
>kick, McIlhenny officials estimate the average hot sauce user needs one
>bottle every six to nine months.">
>

>I sure am glad I'm not average. :)

Amen to that!  I've gone to a local seafood restaurant and got an order of
mussels and asked for some hotsauce.  They gave me a standard size bottle of
Tabasco which was a quarter full.  Of course 2/3rds the way through the dish I
had to ask for more...

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                          Dyslexic Agnostic Insomniac...

           Lying awake at night, wondering if there is a dog.