Re: [CH] New Technique?

raelsixty4@earthlink.net
Sat, 12 May 2001 15:02:20 -0600

>Sandy Olson wrote:
>
>>  I read in a Jerry Baker publication yesterday a tip he's giving about
>>  raising tomatoes.  He said to cut a clean disposable diaper into squares
>>  small enough to fit down in the hole where you put the tomato plant.  The
>>  diapers will hold loads of water when it rains or the garden is watered and
>>  keep the plant supplied during hot days.  Sounds like it would work with
>>  peppers too...right?
>>
>>  SandyO
>
>   Now if I were one of those knuckle dragging C-H's, I might comment that by
>using a "full" diaper, you may be able to add a fertilizer in the process.
>
>   Good thing I'm not...  :-))))

well, my thinking is: if a diaper works, why not a couple of tampons?
Seems to me that they are designed for absorption, plus they are
compact and can be put in the hole (in the soil) with no fuss, no
muss, yes? various types and configurations, so to speak, but those
O.B.s appear to be nothing more than super-compacted
cotton-ball-sponge-like things...uh, yeah...

but rethinking, a diaper would be more efficient methinks in terms of
retention simply because it's larger...hydrodiaponics?  tamponics?
hmmm....

anywho...

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael64