RE: [CH] $$$

Mall (mallicon@yahoo.com)
Sun, 13 May 2001 08:29:58 -0400

Hi,

This webpage will tell you the story from Maurice's veiw.

http://www.mauricesbbq.com/politics/index.html

Mall

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of Veronica
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 3:29 AM
To: Doug Irvine
Cc: Elden E. Martin; Chile-heads
Subject: Re: [CH] $$$

Greetings,

I have not been aware of this particular boycott.  Could someone fill me in?
If
it affects a hot BBQ sauce, it seems on topic to me.  I assume we are
talking
about removing the confederate flag?  How does the BBQ sauce fit into it?
If
every one else already knows this, there is no need to bore the group, but
please
respond privately, I am really interested.

Doug Irvine wrote:

> "Elden E. Martin" wrote:
>
> >  I have worked for a food wholesale brokerage. (Big Snippage)
> > Larger companies that can offer the incentives get the most shelf space
on
> > the plan-o-gram.  I am a big fan of Maurice's Bar-B-Que sauce and
because of
> > some stupid boycott, can no longer get it in stores because they ALL
> > believed the NAACP when they said all we want is the flag off the
dome-well,
> > they lied.  We still have an ineffective boycott in SC and I can no
longer
> > find Maurice's BBQ Sauce in stores I have to go to Columbia to get
it-and I
> > do.  If Maurice had big bucks, it would still be there in the stores
next to
> > bland Kraft and KC masterpiece because he would pay to get the stuff on
the
> > shelf.  Because of the boycott, folks that the NAACP claims to help are
now
> > out of work and no possibility of getting a job because they have a poor
> > education.  Now, how did that help those folks?  I digress, sorry.
Don't
> > want to start a war here.
>
> Hey....BIG cheers for you, Elden!   Perhaps it is because of my advanced
age,
> but I have had it up to here with "political correctness" and pressure
groups,
> regardless of whether they are racial, cultural, political, or whatever!
When