Re: [CH] chili distillate

Charles P Demas (cpd@world.std.com)
Sun, 13 May 2001 14:46:45 -0400

On Sun, 13 May 2001, Frank Francisco wrote:

> I am in the process of making distillate from a combo of jalepeno, serrano,
> and habanero peppers.  The stuff im drinking now is just tooooo tame.  Has
> anybody ever attempted or had the pleasure of indulging in such a fine
> concoction?

I've had vodka that had a hab or two soaking in the bottle for a couple
months.  Very hot, but too raw/harsh.  Better and smoother, IMO, was
the bottle that had a lemon wedge or two that had soaked with the habs.

I tried it at a hotluck at Jim McGrath's and it may have been made by
Mark Stevens.

Chuck Demas

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas