Wine and Re: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V7 #349

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Tue, 15 May 2001 18:14:22 -0500

Fieryfood@aol.com wrote:

> Hey, Erich, how's 'bout we start a CH Mailing List lottery pool - I'd love to
> share a $90 million prize with you!

  Yeah, I was just thinking the other day how nice it would be to be able to
cover airfare for some of our foreign C-H friends to come to the open fields (or
even to be able to afford to drive down ourselves).  We could cover a block of
hotel rooms (is there one nearby) for everyone; or just build our own.  Not to
mention renting U-Hauls for everyone to take chiles home, some nice gifts for Jim
(new Caddy, Jag, Silverado maybe), and oodles of champagne and wine for
everyone.  Maybe we could spend enough to get our own Travel Channel special.

> Or sue you for not sharing... ;-)

  Naw, I'd share if we did the pool thing.  Why sue and share with the lawyers???

  Someone mentioned that Zin (not the white variety, though) was good with chile
fare.  I bought a bottle yesterday to try, even though a lot of reds are too dry
for us (it was on sale; I'm scared).  We'll see how she turns out, however...
Can anyone recommend a particular (and reasonably priced) variety, that might not
be as dry as some others?  Or are they all going to be fairly similar in that
respect?

Thanks,

--
Erich
C-H # 2099  Still dreaming of chiles and wine bottles as far as the eye can