[CH] Slugs and beer, y'all

Kudjing@aol.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 09:34:23 EDT

In a message dated 5/16/01 11:49:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
suz2@mindspring.com writes:

> Lordy lordy folks...its Y'all not ya'll.  It is plural as it stands (thus
>  the "all").  There is no singular version that I know of other than plain
>  old "you"...

Ah, but that's the point -- you generous southern folk have given English a
perfectly good second person plural pronoun, and I don't see why we shouldn't
all be using it.  Heck, the best we've come up with up here is the New York
"youse," and the Pittsburgh "yinz," which makes me want an Iron City every
time I hear it.

-- Dan//who wonders if they still brew that stuff