Re: [CH] Virus alert...and pieeeeee

Scott Peterson (scottp4@mindspring.com)
Sat, 26 May 2001 09:48:49 -0700

>At 01:20 AM 5/26/01 -0400, raincrone@juno.com wrote:
>
> >Anyway:  Anybody here tried lacing a fruit pie with either habs or
> >cayenne?  I'm craving something like that lately.   Peach, apple or maybe
> >blueberry...or strawberry?

I tried habs and this works quite well with raspberries or
blackberries.  This is one case where you don't want to overdo.  You want
to keep the additional flavor very subtle. Too strong really doesn't work.

I've had spiced peaches and nectarines where habs have been added.  They
were quite good.  I would think that this would probably work in pies
too.  What I would probably do is cut the sugar way down so you don't have
a super sweet pie.  Much closer to just the natural flavor and then add the
hot stuff.

                          		Scott Peterson
--
Pardon my driving, I'm reloading.