RE: [CH] chili distillate

Pieters, Rob (rob.pieters@honeywell.com)
Wed, 30 May 2001 15:33:49 -0500

Best is to use Madame Jeanette peppers in raw alcohol (70%) use about 5 or 6
per liter.
I have very good results, hot with a lime taste and nice yellow color too.
( don't use it straight!)

Hot regards
Rob NL

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Charles P Demas [mailto:cpd@world.std.com]
  Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 8:47 PM
  To: Frank Francisco
  Cc: CHILE-HEADS
  Subject: Re: [CH] chili distillate

  On Sun, 13 May 2001, Frank Francisco wrote:

  > I am in the process of making distillate from a combo of
  jalepeno, serrano,
  > and habanero peppers.  The stuff im drinking now is just
  tooooo tame.  Has
  > anybody ever attempted or had the pleasure of indulging in
  such a fine
  > concoction?

  I've had vodka that had a hab or two soaking in the bottle
  for a couple
  months.  Very hot, but too raw/harsh.  Better and smoother, IMO, was
  the bottle that had a lemon wedge or two that had soaked with
  the habs.

  I tried it at a hotluck at Jim McGrath's and it may have been made by
  Mark Stevens.

  Chuck Demas

    Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
    Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
    Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
    demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas