[CH] OT: pets and responsibility

Rich McCormack (macknet@pacbell.net)
Sun, 03 Jun 2001 10:19:47 -0700

Not directly chile related, so let's go OT or even off-list if
necessary...

Meconella brings up an interesting point...pets lick things from
their paws and fur with, perhaps, unfortunate consequences.

Meconella@aol.com wrote:

> ... Many indoor cats are made sick by people who use too many
> household cleaning products on their floors or furniture,  or gas and oil
> spots in the garage that cats can walk on and then lick their paws clean.

Weed 'n feed and other commonly used chemical solutions to garden
pest (flora or fauna) problems are legal and widely used.  I recently
applied some weed 'n feed to a couple of problem spots in my front
(unfenced) and back (fully fenced) lawns.  I also occasionally use
pellatized diazanon to control cutworms and wasps on all my lawn
areas.  I know the daily wanderings of the neighborhood pets cross
both my front and backyard...and, specifically, the areas where
I apply lawn chemicals.  Who is responsible for the unintended
consequences of such private property trespass...the property owner
or the pet owner?

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@pacbell.net

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...