Re: [CH] A little consideration V7 #367

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 08:45:41 -0400

Hi C-H's

Doug Scudder wrote:

>Taking into consideration that many of us CH's receive the list in digest
>form, the habit some listers are getting into of replying and including the
>entire text of the original message and subsequent replies is making is
>more difficult to read.

I entirely agree. Ironic isn't it that the first person to post a one
liner message in support of what you said copied your entire message
back to the list! DUH - now my brian really hurts :-)

Not saying I'm perfect. Mike must be sick of me sending messages to
"listowner" instead of "chile-heads", but I DO TRY.

And don't write back to say it's no effort to scroll through the
multiple re-quotes. If that's what you think, then you have missed
the point. Mike's listserver is set up to accumulate messages until a
block of about 40KB is amassed. This is then sent out to all the
Digest subscribers (as in this case was Digest V7 #367.) If you
insist upon filling it up with cats, Jenna Bush, and ASCII crap, then
there is a very poor signal to noise ratio and the Digest is a misery
to go through.

Thank you all for your kind consideration of this and thank you for
your polite request Doug. (Not like mine eh? - but no offence meant.)

Yes, tabasco and all C. frutescens peppers eventually turn red.
--
---
                      Regards,               Cameron.