RE: [CH] Notes from the South

Ted Wagner (trwagner1@yahoo.com)
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:18:52 -0700 (PDT)

I used to live in Summerville, South Carolina for a short stretch from
1981-1982.  We had a retired guy who ran a small vegetable stand not
far from us.  My dad went there to buy his hot peppers.  ;-)  He also
had fresh boiled peanuts.  They just should have said "goobers" and
left it at that.  In my mind, I was thinking a PEANUT and what I got
was a weird soft mushy bean.  I can't stand them either.

My grandfather called them boiled goobers.  My sister used to joke and
call them big boogers.  ;-)

Ted