Re: [CH] Recipe: Home Style Inner Beauty Hot Sauce

Matt Prerost (mprerost@mindspring.com)
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 14:36:41 -0500

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:21:51 -0500, you wrote:

>With the recent discussion of home made hot sauce and the occasional
>mention of mangoes I thought I'd post one of my favorite recipes.  I
>first saw it on this list and it's in the CH Archives, but there may
>be several list members who haven't heard about it.  My wife insists
>I put a skull and crossbones on the bottle before I put it into the
>refrigerator.  Enjoy!
>
>                    *  Exported from  MasterCook Mac  *
>
>                     Home Style Inner Beauty Hot Sauce
>
>Recipe By     : Chris Schlesinger & John Willoughby
>Serving Size  : 1    Preparation Time :0:30
>Categories    : Sauces
>
>   Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
>--------  ------------  --------------------------------
>   12                    fresh habanero chiles -- chopped
>    1                    ripe mango -- peel, pit, mash
>    1      c             prepared yellow mustard (or 1/2 c.)
>      1/4  c             brown sugar -- packed
>      1/4  c             white vinegar
>    1      tbsp          prepared curry powder
>    1      tbsp          ground cumin
>    1      tbsp          chili powder
>                         salt and pepper -- to taste

Where it says curry powder and chili powder is that like McCormick's
or some other "regular" super market powder.  Normally I wouldn't ask
but this is a pepper head list and a awful lot of us have our own
powders.  I have never had any Inner Beauty but it sounds delicious.
I should have plenty of habs to make it this year.

Matt