Re: [CH] insect, fungus, UFO alien...?

Rich McCormack (macknet@pacbell.net)
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 11:49:50 -0700

Rich McCormack wrote:

> Some of the plants in my garden (chiles, beans and tomatillos) are
> showing up with what looks like alien "crop circles" on their leaves.
> It's a white, powdery deposit generally in the form of a circular
> spiral...

>    http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/leafcircle.html

Marilyn Reese responded offlist with what is most likely the answer
to my query...whitefly eggs, spiraling whitefly to be exact.  I've
never seen whitefly eggs depositied in such a pattern before...new
one on me.  I'll take the appropriate steps to head off any further
trouble.  Here's a link with a photo of the spiral egg pattern
similar to what I discovered on my plants...

   http://www.extento.hawaii.edu/kbase/view/whitefli.htm

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@pacbell.net

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...