RE: [CH] Re: Wind storm!

Ces (ces@preferred.com)
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:05:22 -0400

I stake my plants with bamboo stakes 25/package 3' long reusable for years
and quite strong $2.99 package.

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of Alex Silbajoris
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 11:23 AM
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: [CH] Re: Wind storm!

My parents make their own problems when it comes to chiles falling over.
Every year they till the garden so fine that you can dig through it with
your bare hand.  That's nice for planting, but by mid-season when the plants
have grown and are heavy with fruit and foliage, I can count on them falling
over when rain weighs them down and softens the soil.  They just flop over.
Since Mom tends to plant them very close to each other, they get a domino
effect going.

Hmm, it's almost worth using something like the hoops she puts around her
peonies, so they don't flop around in the rain.

- A