RE: [CH] death by wind

Pieters, Rob (rob.pieters@honeywell.com)
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 03:19:11 -0500

Hi, Dewi,

If you have damaged stems, not complete snapped off, than I repair them by
taking a small piece of paper, put the stem right up (as it was before) and
wind the paper around it, fix it with duck tape (not to tight)
When you see after a week or so that the leaves are looking normal you
remove it and the problem is fixed.
I also use lots of bamboo sticks for extra security.

Hope it helps a little
Kind regards
Rob NL

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Emile & Dewi [mailto:e.steenbrink@worldonline.nl]
  Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 9:00 AM
  To: Chile Heads
  Subject: [CH] death by wind

  Hi,

  The last couple of days it's been very windy here in Holland.
  My crop really
  had a bad blow and the danger is not over yet. My tomato
  plant was injured
  when a big branch snapped off causing the loss of 7 almost
  ripe tomatoes. A
  tomatillo had to be pulled and the worst part is that a
  Pimento totally
  snapped off due to the heavy gusts of wind. God, was I angry!
  And the wind
  is still blowing like crazy. I really hope it stops soon or
  else I'll lose
  everything!

  Miss Dewi, angry in windy Holland