RE: [CH] Aji Amarillo/PB/Almost Hot Luck

green (green56@PioneerPlanet.infi.net)
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:22:40 -0500

Yes, you're WAY outta "moderate," at least to me.  I stink you're in low
hot.  Yeah.  Like me.  But "moderate" does SNOT fit you!

I've done peepers in that smoker.  This "don't use it for meat, only
peepers" thing puzzles me.  The peppers didn't turn out all that well...
Not like the ones I have from east-ways in the US that I love - they're like
that fruit-roll stuff kids like?  Mine were crunchy...  :(

But my meat's never turned out hotter'un h&ll, either.  In my unwanted,
lowly opinion, from my experiences, one *should* use the same smoker.  I
have never had anything but a good all-around great grilled taste for
anything off my [precious] *green* smoker.  In fact, I did steak here, just
prior to doing the ribs yesterday, and used some o'my chilpotles from Ohio
in the marinade.  As I drizzled the marinade over the meat as it grilled, I
pushed the chilpotles down into the coals to burn and smoke up onto the
meat.  I've been doing this, burning/smoking peppers in my grill along with
my meat for years.  I've yet to have a residual burn [heat]/after taste
carry over to anything.  Did you taste it on the ribs?

But then, I'm not using one o'those huge honkin' oil drum smokers, either.

Unless a 'Head can show me the error o'my ways, I'm going to continue using
the same smoker for everything.  Because I get just a good, all around,
grilled flavor.

Mustard passed on your cheeks!  The tears just made'um look cuter!

green, CH#2156