Re: [CH] Aji Amarillo/PB/Almost Hot Luck

mstevens@exit109.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:03:36 GMT

At 06:10 PM 7/23/01 -0500, you wrote:
>2.  Make your own chipotles; there's nothing to it.  That smoker you had
>yesterday won't do, however, as it has been used for meat.  I bought an
>electric "L'il Chief" that is dedicated to peppers and other veggies only.
>It's does a great job on jals to make them into lovely, prune-like
>chipotles.

I use a Weber Smokey Mountain to smoke everything from ribs and pork butts
( http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens/butt/ ), Scallops, skirt steak shrimp and
salmon.  I also often use it to make smoked peppers, from jalepenos to habs.
The fact that it has been used to smoke meats seems to make no difference to
the flavor of the peppers.  I suppose it's because it is a water smoker that I
never use hotter than about 260 degrees and the meat never touches anything but
the grate, which I then flame clean in my gas grill.

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                          Dyslexic Agnostic Insomniac...

           Lying awake at night, wondering if there is a dog.