RE: [CH] Dedicated Grills (was Aji Amarillo/PB/Almost Hot Luck)

green (green56@PioneerPlanet.infi.net)
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 07:06:18 -0500

Gods, are you guys gonna get me on this...  I've never cleaned my grill.
Most I do is burn any previous gunk off the grate with the fire from the
coals.  I'm from the [old?  Pre-'Head Days?] school that you want the
grill/smoker black on the inside for flavor, insulation, conduction,
convection - whatever.

Do you guys sanitize your meat grills, too??????????  Or just combo
grills/smokers so not to yuck up the peepers?

green, CH #2156

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of Parkhurst, Scott
Contractor
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 11:45 AM
To: 'CH List'
Subject: RE: [CH] Dedicated Grills (was Aji Amarillo/PB/Almost Hot Luck)

> I think you hit it on the head with the statement "careful cleaning".
> That's not always something people (me included) take the time
> and effort to do.

 1)  Use smoker to create any delicious item.
2)  Place back in garage after it cools.
3)  Make mental note to clean it up tomorrow.
4)  Forget to empty water/drip pan.
5)  Lose the mental note.
--- passage of time, length indeterminate ---
6)  Get ready to smoke another delicious item.
7)  Discover the science project in the garage.
8)  Initiate thorough scrubbing/degreasing/sanitization.
9)  Make a solemn vow to never let this happen again.
10)  Repeat.

Yeah, I know it sounds pretty bad.  But once it goes into
the garage, the smoker hits the "outta sight - outta mind"
dimension.