RE: [CH] hornworms

Parkhurst, Scott Contractor (PARKHURS@LEAVENWORTH.ARMY.MIL)
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:48:18 -0000

> Sandy wrote:
> > > A hornworm, on the other hand ... is the most gross and
> > disgusting creature God created ...
Peter replied:
>   surely you jest !  those 3-inch caterpillars grow into gorgeous
> HawkMoths the size of Big Hummingbirds!!

   Sorry, Peter, but I have to side with Sandy and her newfound
not-so-moderate persuassion.  The only thing hornworms are
good for is whacking with sticks (watch out for the goo!).  Any
critter that defiles my chile patch gets dispatched immediately,
with extreme prejudice.  No pardon, no appeal, no clemency from
the governor.  Sentence (death) to be carried out immediately.
   As far as what they metamorphasize into, that concerns me
not one iota since their only function is to create more of the nasty
horned progeny, and therefor must die.

Scott... destroyer of hornworms... KCK