Re: [CH] Dedicated Grills (was Aji Amarillo/PB/Almost Hot Luck)

Uncle_Dirty_Dave (xrated@ameritech.net)
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:40:05 -0500

green wrote:

> Gods, are you guys gonna get me on this...  I've never cleaned my grill.
> Most I do is burn any previous gunk off the grate with the fire from the
> coals.  I'm from the [old?  Pre-'Head Days?] school that you want the
> grill/smoker black on the inside for flavor, insulation, conduction,
> convection - whatever.

I'm with you on this. If it's on the grate and it doesn't burn off it's
"seasoning" 'Bout all I do for the grate is to heat it as hot as I can
and hit it with the wire brush then oil it before cooking. I've smoked
banananana peppers, jalapenos and Anaheims in my gas grill using a very
very low flame and grapevine cuttings for the smoke. Pretty decent
stuff. I may try that again.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider