Re: [CH] Doug's Evil Cookies

RisaG (radiorlg@home.com)
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:41:12 -0400

Here is the recipe for Doug's Evil Cookies. I got it from Andy after the
show aired.

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Doug's Evil Cookies

Recipe By     : Doug Barnhart, October Hot Luck
Categories    : Chile-Heads                      Chiles
                Chocolate                        Hot & Spicy

   1      recipe        Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
   1      In            Dry Mix:
   3      tbsp          smoked habanero powder (heaping)
                        Add to Shortening or Butter:
  20      drops         PurCap -- * see note

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix smoked habanero powder in with the
dry ingredients. Mix the liquid ingredients together, including the 20 drop
of PurCap. Mix the wet and dry together.

Drop by tablespoonfuls (large) on a sheet of parchment paper or on a greased
cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for however long your chocolate chip recipe
calls for. Let cool on a wire rack.

Notes:

* If using butter, let it solidify a bit before

WARNINGS:
1) When baking, use plenty of ventilation -- any normal members of your
family would probably not appreciate gauging and eyes tearing.

2) Also best to secure the baking pan used away from the normal kitchen
area.  Doug thought he had sufficiently cleaned the cookie pan, but hadn't.
Sandy, intending to make normal cookies for the rest of the family obtained
cookies that - well - weren't normal. Doug caught hell from Sandy and all
three boys.

3) These have a delayed heat, 5 to 10 seconds.  A fast cookie muncher could
get his/her self into big trouble before realizing it.

ADDITIONAL
For the extremists amongst us, I offer two more suggestions.

1) Add a dollop of rich vanilla ice cream on top of a Evil Cookie, then
darken the top of the ice cream with some more hab powder. Sort of like
taking the poison and the antidote at the same time.

2) OK, I know that there are a few really extreme out there -- you know who
you are.  When baking, after the dough flattens, but before it is done
baking, generously sprinkle some Blair's Death Rain on top of selected
cookies. (Remember which.)

WARNING! remove from oven during sprinkling, lest the oven's convection
currents put the powder in your face and eyes.

NOTE that the powder will tend to form clumps on top, producing interesting
hot spots -- even for the experienced CH.

Received from Andy Barnhart, Chile-Heads

RisaG
MK Independent Beauty Consultant
mailto: radiorlg@home.com

Risa's Food Service