Re: [CH] Honest to real Virus Alert -- I think

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 22:04:52 -0500

At 07:40 PM 7/28/2001 -0500, Uncle_Dirty_Dave wrote:
>Those of you who know me know that I poo-poo most of these spammings of
>entire address books with "Virus Alerts" that someone sent to someone
>else after getting it from yet a thrid person.

W32/SirCam is real.  I've got the sucker *8* times.  Mcaffee caught it and
killled it but even if you get it and kill it Winblows stores a copy in
your Windows/System/Restore file.   Normally Norton and Mcaffee do not scan
this so you'll have to do it manually.   This is a nasty outbreak.

carp