[CH] Fwd: Re: Peppadew? / Got this reply today ../ Relavent to the recent Peppadew thread

Luke Speer (lukasz@midcoast.com.au)
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 20:14:49 +1000

From: "Richard Baker" <rfrbaker@denny.co.za>
To: <lukasz@midcoast.com.au>
Subject: Re:  Peppadew
Date: 30/07/01 8:55:57 PM

Dear Lukas

Better late than never! I saw your question on the net from about 1998 !!...

Question ; Picked up a jar of Stoneys PEPPADEW wholefruit , mild
AUD $4.99 350g ingredients Peppadew, vinegar, sugar, salt,
ascorbic acid. Figured they were Chiles even though the
supermarket had them in the tinned fruit section . Any Idea what
kind of Chile these are ..
and do they have a hot version ??
                                Luke in OZ

One of our companies, Peppadew  International,  produces  a range of  products under the Peppadew
trademark.  The products are all based on the  unique Piquante fruit  which is  a variant of capsicum
anuum.
Piquante was first discovered in South Africa by Johan Steenkamp   a few years ago - one of the  first new
fruits discovered since the Kiwi fruit! He has registered the plant breeding rights all  over the world  and we
now export Peppadew products to many countires.
The product  has an unusual  taste profile  that has proved to be very popular,  giving one the chance
enjoy its flavour before it gives a short burn to the taste buds!
A hot and mild  version of the whole fruit is produced  as well as a splash on sauce (hot and mild) and a
ketchup like sauce (hot, mild ).

We are in the process of revamping our webpage http://www.peppadew.com   if you'd care to take a look
at that in a few days time.

kind regards

Richard Baker

Richard F R Baker    CEO    Denny Mushrooms (Pty) Ltd
Email :  rfrbaker@denny.co.za
Tel: +27 11 700 8400     Fax: +27 11 4672276      cell: 083 251 9698

-------- End of forwarded message --------