Re: [CH] Hello

Mike Da Bear (bear1@videotron.ca)
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:27:41 -0400

Bienvenue à la liste Jocelyn.
Vous n'être pas la seul 'Tête de Chile' en Québec.
Je m'appelle Mike, je demeure à Lasalle (Ile de Montréal).
En plus d'avoir une Tête de Chile, j'ai aussi une tête carrée.

I think the list is more concerned about whether you and I like hot
chile stuff rather than what living in Quebec makes us>LOL<

My habs have narrow leaves and have been outside since the end of
May. I got my first ripe (orange) one from a container plant two days
ago.
It was pretty small, though. My plants are.................(went and
measured them)
46 cm (18") tall in containers and 64 cm (25") tall for the plants in
the ground.

I'm also growing Caribbean Reds which are a type of habanero and these
have nice big wide leaves. I have one golf ball sized pepper turning red
now
on a plant in a container.
I started all my peppers from seed which I planted in early February and
March.

Hot peppers need lots of sun, so it would be much better
if you can get your peppers out side at least during the day.
You may need to use supplemental lighting or at the very least light
deflectors
if you want to get the plants growing at a good rate.

If the plants are showing flowers or small pods it will be at least
another 4 to 6 weeks before you'll get a ripe pepper.
Though I could be wrong and it could take even longer.
Get the plants outside and they will do much better.

Bon jardinage
(Good gardening)

Chiles & Zappa

Mike - Montreal