Re: [CH] St. Croix Serrano Ale

Richard A. Williams (phandaal@home.com)
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 06:51:19 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Barringer" <mdogdrum@earthlink.net>
<Chile-Heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 5:37 AM
Subject: [CH] St. Croix Serrano Ale

> Look kids, I keep saying I am a CH, and a beer lover.  The two items shall
> meet, on my tastebuds, not mixed together in a bottle.  I have tried
> different chile loaded beers, and frankly, YUCKLES, AND ICKYPOO.  Hope I
> didn't burst anyone's bubble on this.  It is just like the two items, only
> separately.
>
> Mark "Mad Dog"  Barringer
> http://home.earthlink.net/~mdogdrum/index.html

If you're talking about chiles added to already brewed beer, I'd have to
agree.
However, when you add dried chiles to the mash when brewing beer, that's a
whole different story. A friend of mine brews his own beer, and he make a
habanero bock that is just incredible. Everyone who tries it wants more,
even
the non-CH types. It's not blazing hot, just has a zing to it, and the hab
flavor
marries well with the bock type beers.

If there are any home brewers out there who want the recipe, contact me off-
list and I'll see if he will give it to me. He might not, he's an ornery
cuss...might
need to bribe him.

Richard, going back to lurk mode...