Re: [CH] OT Horsradish/Wasabi

Dana H. Myers (dana@dioxine.com)
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 19:22:45 -0700

Well, traditional sushi chefs often wrinkle their nose at the American
tendency to over-do the wasabi.  In fact, at more traditional sushiyas,
it is not uncommon to not be served wasabi, the chef will put the
appropriate amount on the pieces when he makes them, and you
don't need to disrupt the balance by adding more.

I personally love a major wasabi kick, but I've also very much enjoyed
the perhaps more elegant presentation of such 'traditional' chefs and
can understand why they feel the way they do.

When in Berkeley, CA, for an exceptional sushiya with terrific tradition,
try out Sushi Sho on Solano Ave...

Dana  K6JQ
dana@dioxine.com