Fw: [CH] Over Wintering Peppers

Paul Karpowicz (hondamedic@mediaone.net)
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:40:55 -0400

Hi Chet,
  I didn't know about over wintering until I saw it at Pepper Joe's website
 & by then it was too late. So I dug 6 from garden and had fresh peppers
 until X-mas. I had them at work & didn't have a bug problem but unlike you
 don't have a South facing window to keep them in (very jealous!!!!).
    This year I have 17 five gallon pails & 10 smaller pots that I plan on
 keeping as long as possible. Don't have enough room (or understanding boss)
 to overwinter them all. Decisions will be made as to which is
 healthiest/prolific. Already feel sadness over those that won't make the
 cut.
    An interesting sidelight is the bug problem. I have 7 large planters at
 work and when I returned Mon. I found plants in 2 of them overrun with
White
 flies. Hosed the buggers with soapy water and believe I have it under
 control. Used Miracle-Gro soilless Potting Mix & up until this point was
 felling pretty good about how easy it was going. Will keep an eagle eye out
 for any others.
      Paul