Re: [CH]Inexpensive PH meter V8 #404

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:23:30 -0400

Hi C-H's,

Matt wrote:

>At first glance, it would seem relatively simple to convert pH into percent
>acetic acid, .................

As I have said in the past, you should not waste your money on pH
meters as they require considerable care and knowledge on the part of
the user in order to obtain meaningful data. I know how to do this
(as I am sure Matt and a few others on the list do also) and I can
borrow a $600 pH meter, buffers, calibration solutions, electrodes
and all the rest of it any time I want. So what do I do? I use a
piece of pH paper. No mess. No fuss. Near enough for telling me that
the sauce I'm making is about pH4.0.
--
---
                      Regards,               Cameron.