Re: [CH] Hab growing question

Inagaddadavida, Baby (raelsixfour@home.com)
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:10:10 -0600

At 7:17 PM -0500 8/16/01, buzz wrote:
>Hello to all and thanks for all the info(and recipes) gleaned off this list
>and now I have a question regarding harvesting  my habenero peppers. Ther is
>about a month or so left in the growing sason here in Central Wisconsin and
>my plants have lots of  good size peppers and are still flowering profusely,
>should I let them keep flowering?  Also will the peppers ripen to orange in
>time remaining?? They have been in garden approx 90 days now??
>thanks
>Buzz

just let them ripen as they can...and if they don't ripen, and you
aren't planning on trying to overwinter the plant or such, just yank
that puppy from the ground when temps drop towards freezing, hand the
whole thing upside down in the basement (closet, garage...preferrably
somewhere not too humid), and let them all dry/ripen like that...

wirks fer me...

--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......
Rael64