Re: [CH] Chile Head forum

Mike H (bear1@videotron.ca)
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:53:37 -0400

>I did not say Chile Head forum, I said chile pepper forum. There's a
difference.<

FWIW, my take on this is that a 'chile pepper forum' would be
exclusively for
the growers of chile peppers and the problems there of. It seems to me
that the
lovers and growers are here already. This forum also has the benefit of
general chile
talk, some great (and not so great, I'm no lover of eggplant) recipes
and chile news.

I have nothing against your trying to get this new list going, but I
also see nothing to gain by it and would not join.

I'm enjoying the fruits of my labors and patience with Mother Nature and
El Grande.
Habs, caribbean reds, serranos, cayennes, incas are all ripening slowly,
giving up
a couple or more pods every day. Fatallis and datils, however, are
dragging their pods,  and I've yet to taste these for the first time.
Super chilis have been living up to their name and have been producing
for some
weeks now.

Tried to smoke some peppers in a gas grill with almost disastrous
results. Even
on the lowest setting the temp. was way too high and dried out the
chiles in a couple of hours. Well, I needed some powder anyway.
Bought some briquets and will try in the old grill.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
N.B. Already checked out low cost smokers (under $100 CAD)and found out
why they are low cost, really cheap construction.

Mike
Chiles and Zappa