Re: [CH] Short story re: champion pepper eating....

Uncle_Dirty_Dave (xrated@ameritech.net)
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 21:25:10 -0500

Mary Going wrote:

> Hi Chileheads... any ideas?

> - mary

> When I was a kid, I read a short story about a young guy traveling through
> Mexico (at least I think it was Mexico) as a pepper-eating champion.

> it was such a great story about respect for your elders, the glory of
> winning, etc but with some great info about peppers in it also, (i.e. what
> peppers they chose to eat and how one used bread and the other milk as a
> chaser, etc.)
>
> I have a friend who is interested into adapting it into a short film.

Hell it's a better story than they started with for "The Magnificent
Seven". The storyline is already blocked out -- all that's needed is to
flesh out the bones with a screenplay and send the result to Sundance.

--
ENJOY!!!
--------