Re: [CH] Re: Heat

Chad A Gard (gard@indy.net)
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 12:58:36 -0500

At 12:30 AM -0500 9/7/01, Inagaddadavida, Baby wrote:

As you
>said, cayenne seems to have this ability to unify flavors...allows a
>melding of sorts to occur.  Mind you, this cayenne usage wasn't
>limited to soups, no, but soup-age was where I learned my lessons.

Certainally not limited - I've been known to use simmilar quantities on
such bland dishes as chicken parmisan, chicken-and-noodles, paprikash
(along with lots of paprika, of course...), and beef stroganoff.

>Whilst serranos are my favorite all-purpose fresh chile, cayenne is
>my favorite all-purpose ground chile...and cayennes are my second
>favorite fresh too <g>....

I see wee see eye-to-eye on favorite all-purpose chiles...

>Mind you, the ground chile i carry w/me is of a higher caliber, and
>higher voltage...some of Brother Jim C's apple smoked chile powder
>has been a partner of mine for a number of years...will make your
>coffee smack you back in the morning, it do...

Not a coffee person... But I must say I've been truly enjoying the portable
pepper powder dispenser from Uncle Steve.  Very very convenient, and came
pre-loaded with great choices.

Chad Gard, CTS KB9WXQ
INCHASE: http://www.inchase.org  Co-founder
SCOA: http://www.stormchasersofamerica.org  Member #3