Re: [CH] Re: Heat

RisaG (radiorlg@home.com)
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 08:15:20 -0400

Correct. Meat digests much slower. He is bigger and thicker and takes the
body a long time to digest. Grains and beans digest much quicker. They are
made of lighter stuff! They do fill you up with less fat, that is the only
thing and are full of dietary fiber. Much better for you. I eat beans at
least 2x a week and grains at least 5. Believe me, they digest quicker!!

Eat a vegetarian meal one night and then the meat filled one the next. Watch
what your body does! Believe me, you will see a difference in how your body
feels. Heavier with the meat meal and lighter with the vegetarian dish.

I have been a vegetarian and now am a semi-meat eater and definitely can
tell the difference after I eat some red meat or some "other white meat".
Definitely.

So, if you are using the beans and potatoes to fill you up and take longer
to digest, that won't happen. If you are adding them to thicken the chili,
that will happen.

Either way, I use dried chile powders and sometimes whole dried chiles
reconstituted. Both work well in chili.

RisaG, Who Wishes She Were Going to Bowers

Risa's Food Service
http://www.geocities.com/radiorlg
Updated 8/24/01