Re: [CH] French Feta

Eruna Schultheiss (eruna@taom.com)
Sat, 08 Sep 2001 17:00:29 -0600

on 9/8/01 16:21, Bruce at blacksheep@awwwsome.com wrote:

> I agree that the French Feta is better than the Greek style
> feta that I've had and the only place in my smaller town that
> sells it is Costco.  They have lots of fairly high quality cheeses
> there.
>
> Bruce

Bruce,

Yes, Costco has fairly high quality cheeses. I do like their fresh
Mozzarella with 3 fresh balls in liquid very much (different location then
the regular Mozzarella and very different taste). This one is excellent with
tomatoes in layers, topped with lots of basil leaves, olive oil, balsamic
vinegar and fresh pepper.

Once the fresh tomatoes from the garden season is over, I'll have to
experiment with chili peppers. So far I have not been courageous enough to
play with chilies and the mild fresh! mozzarella taste.

The other cheese from Costco which is a staple in this semi Swiss household
is their Gruyere. I used to buy that one at a Swiss specialty store, but
since I discovered Costco's Gruyere, I've been hooked.

Also the big Parmesan triangles are fine (quite cheaper when using a lot of
Parmesan).

Bruce, are their any favorites of yours that I missed?
Best regards,

Eruna