Re: [CH] Hatch chiles

Rich McCormack (macknet@pacbell.net)
Sun, 09 Sep 2001 20:26:53 -0700

Suz wrote:

> Probably depends on where you enter California, Rich.  I know entering
> California from Yuma or Lake Havasu, they just wave me through the
> inspection station with a smile.  Coming in from Nevada, they generally stop
> me and ask if I have any fruits/veggies.  If I say no, they let me through,
> with no questions asked.  But ... I've never said yes, so ...
>
> The inspectors generally look through motor homes and campers with
> out-of-state license plates but not necessarily those with local plates.

Well...actually, we'll be coming back to sunny SoCal towing a new
travel trailer without any license plates to speak of at all (though
the pickup will, of course, have CA plates).  The vehicle reg hassle
(and fees along with state sales tax...whata bummer) will take place
in CA when we get back.  We'll likely come back into CA the way we
left...through Yuma, AZ.  I'll have to give it some thought.  I'm
kinda anxious to try out my new "chile roasting" baskets that mount
to the rotisserie rod that came with my new gas fired grill from
Costco.  Some Hatch chiles seemed a good way to try 'em out...

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@pacbell.net

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...
http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/