Re: [CH] Hatch chiles

Gary Belinger (yesgaz@itcanada.com)
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:06:37 -0400

> At 6:10 AM -0700 9/9/01, Rich McCormack wrote:
> >My wife and I will be heading to Texas later this month.  On the
> >way back to sunny Socal, I figured we'd wander off the main road
> >in southern New Mexico and pick up some fresh chiles in Hatch,
> >New Mexico.  Then it occurred to me, even if the agricultural
> >inspectors don't confiscate 'em when we enter Arizona, I have
> >no doubt they will when we enter California.  I guess we could
> >just eat 'em all up before we left NM, but we did want to bring
> >some back fresh.  What to do...?
> >
> what? is there some kinda check point charlie(s) on the boarders of
> the southwestern states now?  what's the wirld coming to?

Thought they only did that type of thing up here along the border of the
great white north to make sure we didn't smuggle anything into the country
that would be detrimental to our country's budget like a carton of smokes or
the finest selection from Frontier Liquor. Must admit this revelation of
halting the spread of cross-border chile transporting has enlightened me
somewhat. And made me confused and bamboozled!