Re: [CH] not being unsensitive

mstevens@exit109.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:48:55 GMT

At 06:38 PM 9/14/01 +0200, Dibbler wrote:
>I feel for the victims of the terrorist acts as much as the next person,
>but.....
>
>Isnīt it a bit off topic ?
>
>I get enough of all the sadness I see on TV and the net , not to have even
>more coming in via my beloved chile head list ...

I kind of have to echo this sentiment.  I keep hearing from the interminable
network feeds that we should show our resiliancy by trying to get back to
business as usual.  Well, when are the networks going to get back to business
as usual?  It's getting to the point where there's echos of the JFK Jr plane
crash ("There've been no new developments for 48 hours, here's Dan with all the
details...").  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people to have access to
information, but can't they just preak into programming if something
significant happens.  Don't we already have half a dozen 24 hour all news
netorks?  The constant droning about what's happening is simply numbing.  Glad
I don't normally watch the major networks anyway, thanks for the History
channel and A&E...

=Mark