[CH] Re:

Richard A. Williams (phandaal@home.com)
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 13:15:05 -0700

On Sunday 16 September 2001 12:31, Darrell Harless wrote:
>  I would like to make some Hot sauce.  I like to use
> fresh peppers for my sauces. However I am having a
> difficult time finding Good "fresh" Habaneros around
> my place right now. (Seattle,  Wa)   So I have a
> question.   How does Powdered Habs measure to Fresh?
> If a recipe calls for 20 fresh habs how can I tell the
> amount of powder to use?   Plus is there anything else
> that needs to be added to make up for the loss of
> pepper mass that will result in using powder instead
> of fresh peppers.   I would appreciate any ideas and
> help in the matter.   Thanks,
>

> Darrell

If you don't mind traveling to Federal Way, the QFC on
Pac Highway (near the Barnes & Noble) has some big beautiful
yellow habs, and almost always has <some> kind of habs for sale.
You might also try Larry's Market in Tukwila, ain't been there in a
while but they used to be a CH mecca, lotsa hotsauces and
peppers. Try the Pike Place market, if you can handle the traffic...
and I just bought a pound of rocotos at a roadside stand in Fife,
so the chiles are there, if you're willing to do a little digging.

Richard