Re: [CH] Open Fields & Podessy Posters

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:33:00 -0400

Dear C-H's,

I usually start "Hi C-H's", but somehow, since quite a few of you are
friends now, and I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon, "Dear"
seems appropriate.

Thank you John for picking up on what I was thinking. How sad that
only 20 posters were sold and that this year may be the last Open
Fields. Have any of you considered that if Jim were to sell every
poster, he could buy his own chile field!

Jim wrote:
>I expect to have a 20 x 20 tent so that we can stay dry if necessary.
>We will also rent two port-o-lets for the convenience of those camping.
>Out of the 1,000 posters I paid for to cover the costs of this event,
>I'll have 980 available at the fields as souveniers as well ;-)

I happen to know that it costs about $100 to rent a "port-o-let". I
would guess the tent would be about the same. I've no idea what it
costs to run off 1,000 posters (which are way cool BTW) but I bet
it's not cheap. Go on - do the arithmetic.

John wrote:
>For those who are, just leave us a few Red SavinasŪ

I know that savinas are at a premium this year partly because a major
supplier decided not to grow them. You (CaJohn) and Jim ought to
figure out how many savinas you need and the C-H's  will pick them
before they take any for themselves. If you two need the whole lot -
fine. We'll pick them. There will be tons of spare habs etc. It's the
least we can do for you. Personally I'd go to Open Fields to camp,
pick peppers and hang out with C-H's whether I took any (peppers)
home or not.

Lastly Jim, we are sad to learn of your family's direct involvement
in the recent awful situation. Maybe if we can come we'll cheer you
and Abby up a bit, but whatever you decide for the first weekend in
October, we will understand.
--
---
                      Regards,               Cameron.