Re: [CH] Pepper Jelly

buzz (buzzdean@wctc.net)
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:48:15 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lora Bannan" <stitch@lakemac.net>
To: "chile" <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 11:46 AM
Subject: RE: [CH] Pepper Jelly

------------------------------------

> Hi all.  I'm really hoping to hear an answer to Matt's question.  I'm
going
> to try canning for the first time this year and want to make sure I do it
> correctly.  My mother has always canned salsa using the "turn upside down"
> method and we've never had a problem.  However, I told a friend about this
> and she freaked.

I canned lots(60pts) of pepper jelly this year, don't process jelly at
all--just put hot stuff in hot jars etc. HOWEVER when we make salsa, italian
sauce etc we process in boiling water bath(turkey fryer) for 35 min ALWAYS
very important
Buzz in Nekoosa

remove the rope to reply