Re: [CH] chili bottles, trout-chile recepie

Inagaddadavida, Baby (raelsixfour@cableone.net)
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:25:42 -0600

At 8:25 AM -0600 9/21/01, Keegan Smith wrote:
>dude, this site ROCKS!:
>
>http://www.sciplus.com/
>
>I don't remember who told me to look here for salsa bottles... but
>what a nifty site! - definitely must be some other chile- usefull
>things in there
>
>Another question..
>We have lots of trout ready to be fished out of our pond...
>coinciding with the many fresh chiles ready to be picked... who has
>the best chile-and-fish recipe out there? I'd love to hear....
>Thanks all
>Keegan

hmmm...send me about 20 pounds, and I'll get back to you ASAP...

<hehehe>

Okay, okay...one of my favorite marinades has been tequila and
lime....i usually just eyeball it (sorry), but i'd wager it's a
ration of 3:2:1 (olive oil, tequila, lime) with the "1" for lime
juice being maybe even less (0.5)...

naturally, you can add as many chiles as desired, dried or fresh, to
the marinade...

haven't used this on trout, and seeing as how they are so thin, the
marinade may "take" quickly, thus you'd probably be wise to mix up
the marinade, with chiles, and let it set for a good four-ish hours
to make certain the chiles leach out their Goodness Of El
Grande...then i'd marinate the trout for, oh, 1/2 to 1 hour...a litte
S&P before grilling/broiling/panfrying, and yer done...

lot of guesstimating here, but lime and tequila really do flavor fish
well, IMO...and chiles, well, they are the Thing of Life, of course...

not very "chile" , but trout almondine has always been a favorite of
mine...wonder how it would be with a "dash" of chileness added to it?
not sure...may want to substitute pecans for the almonds...maybe
not...

food rambling now...the PB&J sammich just ain't tasty anymore either :(

Anywho...
--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......
Rael64